How has your 2017 been so far? Maybe you are finding it hard to get motivated or perhaps you have nailed the last 2 weeks and are really pumped for the rest of January! Life throws us all sorts of curve balls, there will always be amazing times and very dark tough times and lots in between. So whether you are having a fantastic January so far or you are finding it a struggle just to put one foot in front of the other, grab a nice hot drink and keep reading…
I have put together a list of 6 tips and tools to help you supercharge your January! These are things that I either use myself or have recently discovered and will be investigating further 🙂
- If you haven’t already done this over Christmas, have a clear out at home, trust me it is VERY therapeutic! Donate any unwanted clothes, toys and household items to Charity shops, helping others is a great way to give yourself a lift. This creates more space in your home and consequently you think a bit more clearly too 🙂
- Get in touch with your family and friends and tell them you love them. It is the best feeling in the world to know someone is thinking about us and loves us. You could really make someone’s day and lift them from a very low point just with a few kind words 🙂
- Get organised! Do you spend ages writing out lists and then you have lists of lists and it gets a bit out of hand!! Then, as you start crossing off the completed items the list looks all messy and you have to spend 20 minutes re-writing it!! I have just discovered a fab tool called Trello, which helps you organise all of your tasks. I have created a board for personal tasks, work tasks, things to research and motivational tips and quotes. I then add ‘cards’ to each board and can move the cards from ‘to do’ to ‘doing’ and then ‘done’ once complete. Check it out for yourself. I am not an affiliate for Trello nor do I have any involvement in it, I just love using it and wanted to share it! Thank you to Alison Edgar for telling me about Trello 🙂
- For anyone looking to get fit and maybe shed a few Christmas lbs I have used an app called Jefit, which is jam packed full of exercises you can do at home so it’s great if you don’t have the time or money for gym memberships. You can make your own workout or do a standard one and track your progress too. Again, I am not involved with Jefit, I just loved using the app and will be logging in again very soon!
- Get out there and meet people! After the hype and excitement of Christmas, January can feel very empty for some people. Life is too short to be lonely.
- See if there are local groups in your area, walking groups, coffee mornings, toddler groups (if you are a stay at home Mum that could do with getting out of the house) or sports clubs.
- You can also join groups and communities on social media sites like Facebook and chat to people with similar interests to you 🙂
- Buy yourself a little notepad and note down any inspirational and motivational tips and quotes you hear or read. Carry the little book with you in your handbag or keep it on your desk, it will really pick you up if you are having a tough day. A few of my favourites at the moment are…
- ‘Make the rest of your week, the BEST of your week’ – Jamie Denyer (a truly inspirational and incredible motivational speaker) check out his story.
- ‘Experience is what you win when you lose’ – Brad Burton (The UK’s #1 motivational speaker)
I hope these tips and tools are helpful to you and you have a fantastic week 🙂 If you do embark on any exercise, please ensure you are safe to do so by visiting your Dr first. These are just suggestions you may want to try after doing your own research 🙂