At Cheeky Little Prints, we offer a variety of sterling silver jewellery designs. Here are some frequently asked questions about silver jewellery!
What metals are in sterling silver?
Silver is often combined with harder metals such as copper to make it more sturdy and hardwearing, as pure silver is a soft metal and therefore not as durable. This combination of silver and copper is what makes up sterling silver. To be hallmarked and classified as sterling silver the metal must be at least 92.5% silver and the other remaining 7.5% will be copper. This is why sterling silver is often referred to as 925 and if heavy enough carries a 925 hallmark.
Where is the best place to store silver jewellery?
To prevent the jewellery from being scratched or tarnished, it is best to store it in a cool, dry place. Wrap it in a protective bag or piece of cloth when you store it for extra protection when your jewellery is not being worn.
How can I clean and care for my silver jewellery?
Silver jewellery is best cleaned by using a polishing cloth. Some recommend using various silver cleaning solutions, but we do not recommend this for our jewellery as it can remove some of the paw print design or engraving details. Natural wear and tear is normal if you wear the jewellery often, so take care if you want to prevent scratches! You should also steer clear of cleaning products, hairspray and perfumes around your silver jewellery as this can also cause it to tarnish.
You can find more in depth advice on how to care for your silver jewellery on the website, by clicking the link.
When you order silver jewellery from Cheeky Little Prints you are always given a complimentary silver polishing cloth so it’s nice and easy to keep your beautiful jewellery sparkling for years to come. The polishing cloths come in a handy little cardboard packet so it’s easy to store and keep clean in between polishes.
Does silver jewellery have health benefits?
It is said that wearing silver jewellery can help your body to fight infection and improve your mood! Silver also helps circulation and heat regulation within the body, as well as helping you to maintain cleanliness. Many people also believe that wearing silver jewellery brings you good luck! Perhaps do a little research for yourself and see what you can find out and learn!
At Cheeky Little Prints, we have created a beautiful collection of personalised jewellery designs! Our most popular seller is our paw print jewellery, which you can purchase as charms for bracelets, necklaces, keyrings, cufflinks and even Christmas decorations.
Our stunning collection of jewellery gives you the opportunity to keep your precious pet with you forever, no matter where you are, you will always still feel that strong bond and connection. Choose from silver paw print jewellery, raised paw print jewellery, paw pad print jewellery as well as beautiful designs encasing a little of your pet’s precious fur or cremation ashes in sterling silver and resin.