With Valentines day approaching we continue our love theme on the blog this week looking at how does my dog show me love. As you most likely know dogs are very social animals that show their owners a great deal of affection and love. Dogs form a strong bond with their owner and tend to be very loyal to them. Dogs show their owners they love them in a variety of ways on a daily basis, which is one of the reasons they make such amazing companions especially for people who live on their own.
- Cuddles – most dogs are experts at giving cuddles and this is a great way to show someone you love them. We all love to be cuddled don’t we 🙂
- Licks and kisses – dogs often show you love by licking you, as it’s their way of giving you kisses and telling you they love you.
- Tail wags – a wagging tail is definitely a sign of happiness and when our furbabies wag their tails in our company, they are saying they love spending time with us as we make them feel happy 🙂
- Sitting with you and leaning on you when you are sad – dogs have a sixth sense in that they just seem to “know” when we are sad and need cheering up. They sense when we are sad and need someone to cuddle up. Dogs often lean against our body so we know they are are there and can feel a sense of reassurance. Offering that reassurance is a strong sign your dog loves you and wants to be there to support you and make you feel happier.
- Eye contact – just as with us humans, giving and holding eye contact is also a sign of love. When your dog gives and holds eye contact with you, they are showing you love.
- Bring you their favourite toy – when we love someone, we often like to share our most important belongings with them and dogs are no different. Another way dogs show love is by bringing you their favourite toy.
- Sleeping on your bed – does your dog like to sleep on your bed? No, they are not just being cheeky, they are showing you they feel safe with you and are showing you love and loyalty, wanting to protect you by sleeping with you while you sleep.
We hope you have enjoyed reading our thoughts on how does my dog show me love. How many of these can you relate to with your own dog?
Next week we will be looking at frozen yoghurt for dogs on our blog