Yummy Dog Biscuit and Treat Recipes
Baking your own biscuits and treats for your dogs has become very popular so we thought we would write a blog with a few tasty dog biscuit and treat recipes you can make at home for your furry friends. We will pop some recipes below and also put a link for each one where you can find out more information and check out other recipes too. We hope you find these recipes helpful and your dogs enjoy their new tasty treats 🙂
This quick and easy recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake so your pups will have yummy biscuits to taste test in just 30 minutes, and this recipe creates 12 biscuits. Click on the link above for photos of these delicious biscuits.
- 300g plain wholemeal flour (if your dog is sensitive to wheat you can use oats instead)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 stock cube (beef, chicken or fish, choose your dog’s favourite flavour)
- 150ml hot water
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius or 150 for fan assisted ovens.
- Dissolve your stock cube in hot water.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Knead the dough for approx. 3 minutes until it forms a ball.
- Roll out your dough so it is 0.5cm thick.
- Cut the dough into slices, rounds or bone shapes using various cutters you can buy.
- Place your biscuits on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cool, you can give your dog a yummy biscuit to taste test!
This lovely recipe makes a yummy and healthy treat for your pups they are sure to enjoy. As always these recipes use ingredients that are considered to be dog friendly but please be aware every dog is different and some do have allergies to particular foods so please take that into consideration. Click on the link above for photos of these tasty treats.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 and a quarter cup of + 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- Half a cup of blueberries, halved
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Put the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until melted.
- Add 1 and a quarter cup of whole wheat flour and mix until fully combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the blueberries.
- Form the dough into a ball using your hands.
- Sprinkle some flour onto your work surface and roll the dough, sprinkling some flour on top of the dough as well to prevent it sticking to the rolling pin.
- Use cookie cutters (bone, rounds, paws etc) to cut your treats
- Place your treats onto an oiled baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, allow your pup to taste test and give their paw of approval!
- Store in an airtight container for 5 days or freeze.
This lovely recipe will have your pups licking their lips before you have even finished making them! These treats are very simple and quick to make. Click on the link above for photos of these tasty frozen pup pops.
- 32oz vanilla yoghurt
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour your mixture into an ice cube tray and place in your freezer.
- Once frozen, simply pop them out and serve to your furry friends.
Next week on the blog we will be looking at How Does My Cat Show Me Love.