As the year draws to an end, 2020 has been an unforgettable year in so many ways. 2020 has been the year that nobody was prepared for, a year that kept on throwing challenges our way and still is! The Covid-19 virus has caused mass disruption, upset, illness and sadly loss of life all around the world, the figures are absolutely staggering and very frightening. The situation is changing on what feels like an hourly basis. Every single person has been affected by this awful pandemic. The loss is incomprehensible; loss of life, loss of loved ones, loss of hugs and social interaction, loss of jobs, loss of businesses, loss of freedom and hobbies. I think it’s safe to say, it will take a very long time to recover from Covid-19 and the trauma it has caused.
Despite the ever changing situation, we still pulled together and achieved good things
We have seen communities come together and help one another, clapping in the street for our amazing NHS workers, the Drs, nurses and carers battling this nasty virus on the front line. We stayed at home in an effort to protect each other and the NHS, we did our best to home educate our children to keep them safe when schools were closed for 6 months all whilst trying to juggle a job or running a business. Many businesses had to close completely and pivot to find new ways to operate their business or find a new way to earn an income. Some people have achieved absolutely incredible things, however, if you are reading this thinking you didn’t achieve anything significant, let me reassure you that you did. The fact you are reading this blog means you have survived 2020, an unforgettable year that many were not lucky enough to survive. As we look to 2021 there are tens of thousands of beautiful people who won’t be with us as we journey through 2021, you are here and that is a massive achievement in itself.
A few of our achievements at Cheeky Little Prints during an unforgettable 2020
- Successfully launched our new silver paw pad print jewellery range, which captures the unique texture of your dog’s paw pad print in stunning sterling silver jewellery.
- We offered discounts during the lockdown to help our wonderful customers still be able to treat themselves and friends and family to special paw print gifts. Your support during lockdown and continued support after is very much appreciated.
- April 2020 saw our 11th birthday! Birthdays are always a cause for celebration.
- We began working with our friends at Total Guide To Swindon and Bath, which we have really enjoyed.
- Lisa won an Award for Excellence in Customer Care, which was a huge highlight of 2020 for us.
- We have continued to receive many many incredible reviews on TrustPilot, Facebook, Google and Etsy, which we are extremely grateful for.
- We have continued to help so many pet parents keep a part of their pet with them forever, which is truly an honour, that we will always treasure.
- This blog is building up very nicely with weekly blogs since September.
- Weekly Facebook live videos began in September and have continued ever since, thank you to those who join us live and also catch up on the replays, your engagement is very much appreciated.
As you naturally reflect on your year, it’s very important to acknowledge the pain, sadness and anger you have felt and may still feel now. We need to allow ourselves to feel these feelings in order to process them and move through them. Appreciating and celebrating all of our achievements during 2020 is equally as important. Celebrate those wins and really pat yourself on the back 🙂
Next week our blog will be looking at 5 Reasons Why Cuddling Your Pet is Good For You 🙂